Events Learn More
- Fall General Meeting - Tip of the Infrastructure Iceberg, Saturday Oct. 25 from 9:30-11:30 am
For flyer and map, click here:
Voter Registration and Elections Learn More
- VOTER ID UPDATE, October 9, 2014 - NO ID REQUIRED TO VOTE
The United States Supreme Court stopped officials in Wisconsin from requiring voters to provide photo identification before voting in the upcoming midterm election on November 4, 2014.The League of Women Voters is thrilled that the U.S. Supreme Court, in a 6-3 ruling, has blocked the Wisconsin voter photo ID law.
This is a victory for voters in Wisconsin! While it is not a final ruling on the merits of the case, it is clear the Justices do not believe it was fair to change the rules and begin to require ID when the election was already underway.
Our League leaders across the state have not missed a beat, and they continue today to register voters and prepare people for the election.
This means that you do not need to show a photo ID to register to vote or when you vote in person or by absentee ballot.
This decision overturns the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals decision last month. The Supreme Court's decision is the final word for photo ID in Wisconsin for this election.
Election Calendar Learn More
- Upcoming Fall 2014 Elections
Why Should I Vote? Learn More
- Many people today are disenchanted with the democratic process and stay home on Election Day. They believe that their vote makes no difference and they can't possibly have an impact on the electoral process. But, one vote makes a difference...
Statement of Nonpartisanship Learn More
- The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan, nonprofit political organization.
Wed., Oct 15:
Deadline to register in a registration drive or by mail. You can register in person until Oct.31 at your municipal clerk's office or on Election day at your polling place.
Mon., Oct. 20-Fri., Oct. 24: Early voting at municipal clerk's office (or at location picked by the clerk). You can register at the same time you early vote.
Mon., Oct 27-Fri., Oct. 31: Early Voting continues.
Fri., Oct. 31: Deadline to request an absentee ballot.
Fri., Oct 31: Last day for early voting.
Tues., Nov. 4: General Election
The League of Women Voters of Milwaukee County is now a member of Community Shares of Greater Milwaukee. Donate to the League through workplace giving and Community Shares by clicking here.